Bag Couture - Summer 2010 Most Exclusive Designers - Shop The Collection at Forzieri.com

Aug 4, 2009

Savvy Advice: Don't wait to get your Oil Changed!


Ok, I have to admit I don't like having to keep up with the maintenance on my car. I guess I'm trying to treat my car like it's still brand new and I know that I must be delusional if I think it's going to run the same way it did 8 years ago. As the car gets older, you have to keep up with the basic maintenance like oil changes every 3 months or 3000 miles(new cars can go longer)tune-ups,tire rotations etc.

I went to get an oil change today and I felt embarrassed when I was asked how long had it been since I had my last one. I could have had two oil changes and working on another in the time it took me to go today. He was polite and said "ma'am you need to keep up with the maintenance of your car if you don't want to come out of your pocket to fix it", then he showed me my air filter which happened to be the color of a patent leather shoe.

I do have to go get my car looked at by a mechanic now, and I'm just praying that what ever needs to be done will cost me about $5.00. I should be ashamed of myself because my car is paid-off, so I do have extra money to keep it running smooth.

So ladies to spare yourself the extra money that you will have to spend out of your shoe fund to fix any repairs, at least get an oil change, new filters and possibly a tune up every year. If you treat your car right, it will definitely return the favor.

1 comments:

True Flight Recordings said...

That is somethin' alright... As a mechanic, I highly advise you all stay on top of this... As small of a task this is, all can go so downhill; leading to big engine repairs such as cylinder head, engine timing, piston wear, and more serious failure that will lead to no vehicles your possession! Get at em Ms. Roshonda!

Sherman Wright II

Related Posts with Thumbnails