Bag Couture - Summer 2010 Most Exclusive Designers - Shop The Collection at Forzieri.com

Jan 16, 2008

Double Duty: Skincare from your Kitchen Cabinet




Left to right: Organic Honey, Chamomile Tea Bags, and Apple Cider Vinegar.
.
I have always been what you would call a "kitchen chemist". I like mixing things and making up new products. But what I really like is creating new beauty products just by using basic items around the house. I started this years ago when I got my first pimple and I read how toothpaste could double as a zit cream. After such good results, I started looking in my kitchen cabinets for other things that I could add to my skin care regimen. One of the best facial masks I've ever used was plain honey. It will moisturize and tighten your pores, just put a warm cloth on your face to open your pores, apply honey, leave it on for 7-10 minutes, and rinse with warm water followed by a splash of cool water . The day I ran out of my astringent I was able to make my own using 1/2 apple cider vinegar mixed with 1/2 water. This works great because it restores the pH balance to your skin and helps to fade dark spots. And who doesn't love an at home facial. All you have to do is pour warm water in a bowl and add a chamomile tea bag, cover your head and bowl with a towel and relax for 10-15 minutes. So the next time you run out of any of your skin care products just go look in your kitchen cabinet and see what items can work double duty.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails