Bag Couture - Summer 2010 Most Exclusive Designers - Shop The Collection at Forzieri.com

Jan 9, 2008

Just Sit Back & Relax In ....Liquid Lounge


Over the years, I have spent alot of time on airplanes and in hotels. And after a long trip, one thing I couldn't wait to do when I returned home was take a nice warm bath. I would go into my bathroom and make an oasis for myself away from everything and everybody. And then oneday I sat around the house and made my own milk bath soak and this would be one of the first bath products for my new company. I never forget sitting around the table with my mom and uncle two years ago right before New Years talking about business. I told them about my business idea and the name, and they loved it. The vision for this business really started after 9/11 and I was jobless. I'm a former United Airlines flight attendant and I was based in New York. So flying all over the country was difficult for me, and I made the decision to leave. One thing that helped me through this period in my life was remembering the words of wisdom my mother gave to my sisters and I many years ago, she said that "entrepreneurship was the path to true wealth". So, I felt that if I tossed some ideas around eventually I would come up with something. I learned how to sew when I was a little girl, and my mom always had plenty of fabric around the house so I sat down at the sewing machine and made my first pair of lounge pants with a matching pillowcase. I sold a few sets, but then fear set in and I went back to work. We'll four years later in 2005, I was lounging on the sofa watching TV and then for a brief second I saw myself relaxing in the tub. And that's when I got the name "Liquid Lounge". The same way you sit back and relax on the sofa is exactly what you do in the tub, but you're in liquid. That night with my mom and uncle, I took my last few dollars to trademark the name. "Liquid Lounge" is a luxurious natural bath & body line created to enable you to enjoy an at home spa experience everyday. The first collection is called "OASIS" and it combines an island inspired aroma of fragrant flowers and exotic fruits infused with botanical extracts, nut butters, and vitamin rich oils that transport you to a tropical paradise.These products were created for you to experience the "Ultimate Bath". After you use them you will walk away relaxed, renewed and replenished.You can find my products at http://www.liquidloungebeauty.etsy.com/ (new website coming soon)

I just want to take this time to encourage all you savvy sistahs who have dreamed of owning your own business. I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for God first and then my family supporting me. If you have to start your business in the kitchen like I did, don't let that stop you. There's a quote that says “It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish." So today just take a few steps and eventually you'll reach your dreams.

Be Blessed!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails